Friday, January 06, 2006

A True Hero

This Wonderful Man is a true American. He is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in and he speaks his mind.

From Mudville Gazzette, Greyhawk posted the following comments made to Congressmen John Murtha and Jim Moran at a “town hall” meeting in Virginia:

Yes sir my name is Mark Seavey and I just want to thank you for coming up here. Until about a month ago I was Sgt Mark Seavey infantry squad leader, I returned from Afghanistan. My question to you, (applause)

Like yourself I dropped out of college two years ago to volunteer to go to Afghanistan, and I went and I came back. If I didn't have a herniated disk now I would volunteer to go to Iraq in a second with my troops, three of which have already volunteered to go to Iraq. I keep hearing you say how you talk to the troops and the troops are demoralized, and I really resent that characterization. (applause) The morale of the troops that I talk to is phenomenal, which is why my troops are volunteering to go back, despite the hardships they had to endure in Afghanistan.

And Congressman Moran, 200 of your constituents just returned from Afghanistan. We never got a letter from you; we never got a visit from you. You didn't come to our homecoming. The only thing we got from any of our elected officials was one letter from the governor of this state thanking us for our service in Iraq, when we were in Afghanistan. That's reprehensible. I don't know who you two are talking to but the morale of the troops is very high.

Moran - who is one of the few congressmen supporting Charlie Rangel's call to restore the draft - responded quickly: That wasn't in the form of a question, it was in the form of a statement. But, uhh let's go over here. And he took the next question.


Moran is an idiot, just as those who believe that we should 'cut and run'. Our men and women are doing a wonderful job and they have earned and deserve our thanks and respect. In this day and age, I have a nightmare, I have it often. If we do not win this war on terror, my child will suffer. My daughter runs the risk of never reaching her goals, she runs the risk of being locked up because she is female, she runs the risk of being used, being abused, she runs the risk of being less than human. Do you want your son taught that he should believe in only one thing, and that all others are wrong, that they are evil, that they should die because they do not believe as you? Do you want you son to be taught that people who do not believe as he does deserve to die by his hand? Is this what we want for our children?

*Thanks Michelle Malkin For showing this!

No comments: