Thursday, January 19, 2006

I Miss My Friend

The past few weeks have been non-stop. I feel as if I can't get caught up. I realize now that I've got to stop and focus on what really matters. Everything that has been going on now seems so meaningless. I lost a good friend this week. I've known this woman for 20 years. I will never meet another person as loving and caring as she.

She was diagnosed with cancer 9 months ago. She was told from the beginning that there was not a lot that could be done. Being the strong woman that she was, she said lets get rid of it. She fought like hell. Five months ago, her husband of 43 years died of a heart attack during supper. Even with that, in her grief, she fought.

Monday night, she lost the fight.

The funeral is tomorrow morning. Tonight, I'm going thru pictures. We had some great times together!

She's with her husband. I know in my heart that he was at the gates of Heaven waiting for her with open arms. She is happy and no longer in pain. I am so grateful to God for that.

I am also grateful for the honor of having her as my friend. Thank you Lord for all the years I had with my friend.

No comments: