Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Sunday Night Speech

I am not sure I will ever understand the world. We are in the middle of a war and I have to justify myself for that belief. When did I become so alone? I feel very alone right now. I turn my TV on and all I here is that we have lost, our soldiers are baby killers and terrorist. It is time to fight back.

WE ARE NOT FIGHTING FOR OIL.

WOMEN ARE NO LONGER BEING RAPED AND MURDERED BECAUSE THEY ARE WOMEN.

FATHERS AND SONS ARE NO LONGER BEING DRAGGED OFF TO THEIR DEATHS FOR NO REASON.

CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING DESTORYED BY WAY OF TORTURE, RAPE AND MURDER.

In case you missed the speech, here are some high lights:

To retreat before victory would be an act of recklessness and dishonor, and I will not allow it

My conviction is this: We do not create terrorists by fighting them. We invite terrorism by ignoring them and we will defeat the terrorists by capturing and killing them abroad, and strengthening new allies in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Three days ago, millions of Iraqis went to the polls...One voter, after dipping his finger in the purple ink, stuck his finger in the air and said, "This is a thorn in the eye of the terrorists." Another voter, when asked if he was Sunni or Shia, said, "I am Iraqi.

I know that some of my decisions have led to terrible loss, but not one of those decisions has been made lightly...Next week, Americans will gather to celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah. Many families will be praying for loved ones spending the season far from home...We trust with them a love that conquers all fear...[Ends with citing Civil War Christmas Carol ,Longfelllow, I Heard the Beels On Christmas Day.]:

God is not dead
Nor does his sleep
The wrong shall fail
The right prevail
With peace on earth
Good will to men.



No comments: