Friday, May 19, 2006

So I Left For A While – Sue Me!

First off, let me say,

I’m Sorry.

I should have alerted the 7 people who read this blog that I was taking a sudden vacation. It was very rude of me to just up and leave. My Granny, who passed away 14 years ago, told me that it was tacky to just drop out like this – sorry Granny.

*FYI – All Southerners talk to the deceased, and yes, the deceased talk back. It’s a genetic thing.

I really just needed a break. I have a great husband, an amazing 4 yr old daughter, a 60 year old, 3 bedroom home that needs constant upkeep, a fulltime computer job, a 10 yr old car that thinks it should die (not), etc., etc.

I am also Depressed.

I have been depressed since I was 12 years old. Unfortunately, I and my family did not figure this out till I sliced both my wrist open in September of 1998. Thank you God that I am crappy with a blade!

When the depression gets bad, I have this tendency to withdrawal from society, which is what I have done. In order to get my life back, I occasionally take a break. This time away gave me time to think. It gave me time to spend time with my husband. It gave me time to spend some real time with my daughter.

Yes, I am on meds and I am in constant contact with my MD. I am only going to blog during the week – weekends are reserved for family ONLY! You should see my calendar from now to August – cookouts, beach, baseball! Yep, life is definitely better with family!

No comments: