Saturday, November 19, 2005

It's Too Late For A Hurricane!!!

Ok, it's the middle of November. It's going to go down to 28 degrees tonight. I have afire going in the wood stove. The temperature of the ocean (Folly Beach) is down to 70 degrees. Hurricane's should not be a concern. So why is Tropical Depression Gamma messing with my weekend and with Thanksgiving? This crazy bastard/bitch (is gamma male or female?) is looking to cross Florida and ride the coast and be here around Monday or Tuesday. Since when do those of us on the east coast worry about hurricanes at Thanksgiving? This just aint right. And no, it's not global warming. It comes down to the fact that God is testing me. He knows that I have a yard to clean, that my husband frying6 turkeys Wednesday night. He knows that I have 2 pies and 3 casseroles to cook for Thurday. But I will pass this test, I will get all the cooking done, child clean and dressed, house cleaned, husband cleaned, deliver food to my friends that are moving, and actually put on makeup! And while I am doing this, I am going to be giving thanks for this great nation that I live in, even if I am being hit with a storm in November. God really does have a sense of humor!

No comments: